3201 Airline Dr
Houston, TX 77022
This is a modified, in person volunteering opportunity. Detailed instructions and educational resources will be sent to you upon registration. You will meet with our nonprofit partner directly for the service opportunity onsite. A COVID waiver from both Generation SERVE and our nonprofit partner will be required. Please be sure to review our Generation SERVE waiver HERE and return your signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This activity is best for ages 6 and up with a parent or guardian. Mature teens may participate as a drop off event with certain additional requirements.
Join us to help Urban Harvest at Beauty's Gardens. Beauty’s Community Garden provides a fresh approach to healthy living through urban gardening. Their mission is to close the gap on food inequities and achieve a community culture of health and well-being. We are both an education and donation garden. Established in December 2012, they-
- Donate fresh produce to seniors and families of Independence Heights and surrounding areas.
- Host gardening classes, healthy cooking demos, and provide nutrition education
- Do not rent plots but rather garden on common ground
Need to know
When coming to the garden, please wear closed toe shoes, bring a water bottle, a snack, and hand sanitizer. If you would like gardening gloves, please bring them. Tools will be provided.
Things to Know:
- Garden may have fire ants in some parts of the grounds.
- Street parking only and valuables should be locked in trunk. TIP: stow valuables in locked trunk before arriving
- We do have a limited number of gloves should you not have or forget your own
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen
- Wearing a sun hat is encouraged, but not required
All Volunteers: Please follow City of Houston requirements and guidelines regarding wearing face masks.
Please Review Media Release Form before your garden shift. If possible, please print and sign the forms attached below and bring with you to the garden If you are unable to print the forms, the garden will have copies for you to sign there.
Links & Attachments
Please note that all volunteers must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. You will be sent detailed instructions prior to the event and will be asked to sign a Generation SERVE waiver and complete registration with Urban Harvest.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.