5601 S Braeswood Blvd.
Houston, TX 77096
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Houston volunteering all week long!
For this activity, your family will deliver meals to the clients of Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston (ERJCC).
The Evelyn Rubenstein JCC Meals on Wheels program serves homebound seniors living in Southwest Houston which includes West University Place, Southside Place, Gulfton, Shenandoah, Braes Timbers, Meyerland, Almeda, Braeburn Terrace, City of Bellaire, Brays Oaks, Fondren, Central Southwest, Willow Meadows, Willowbend, Braeswood Place, and Westbury. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month by signing up on the Meals on Wheels calendar during a time that works for your family.
- If this is your first time delivering Meals on Wheels for ERJCC, please complete their policies & procedures form before you sign up for a route!
- Go to the ERJCC Meals on Wheels Calendar and find a date that will work for your family.
- When you arrive, enter & exit the ERJCC parking lot through the main entrance on Atwell, at the gate closest to S. Braeswood.
- Park & enter through the main lobby entrance. Tell them you are here for Meals on Wheels, and they will direct you to the Packing Room on the ground floor to pick up your meals.
- Client names and address will be provided at the time of meal pickup along with any special instructions. Be sure to check the whiteboard for announcements!
- Hot meals are packed in a black bag and the cold items are bagged separately in a cooler. We recommend counting to make sure you have everything you need!
- Deliveries take 1-2 hours. Once you complete them, please bring the bag/cooler back to the JCC.
- Delivery Note: If a client isn't home when you deliver, please make sure to call them in case they can't hear the door. If you can't reach them, you may give the meal to another person on your route. Please don't bring meals back to the JCC, as unfortunately it will be too late for the JCC to get it out to someone else.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
The mission of the Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston is to develop and strengthen Jewish identity, foster Jewish values and enrich the Jewish community and the greater community.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!