8353 East Freeway
Houston, TX 77029
Kids need the right tools in order to succeed in school, but many families can't afford the most basic school supplies, like pencils, crayons and notebooks. Many compassionate teachers pay for school supplies from their own pockets so their students aren't at a disadvantage. The Teachers Aid program provides grade level supplies to teachers in schools in which 60% of students are on free or reduced-price lunch.
- This activity is for ages 13 and up. All children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please RSVP with Generation SERVE and also register with the Houston Food Bank before attending.
- Please wear closed toed shoes. Bring work gloves if desired.
- This activity takes place outside, and it happens rain or shine. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Generation SERVE adheres to the following COVID-19 policies to help keep your family and ours safe. We will continue to respect our partners' mask requirements as well as your family's decision around wearing masks.
More About Our Partner
The Houston Food Bank is America’s largest food bank in distribution leading hunger relief in 18 southeast Texas counties. Founded in 1982, the Houston Food Bank is a certified member of Feeding America, the nation’s food bank network. Houston Food Bank distributes fresh produce, meat and nonperishables and prepares nutritious hot meals for kids in their state-of-the-art Keegan Kitchen.
The Teachers Aid program provides school supplies for teachers in low income schools.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide supplies and an Activity Lead for every activity. A $30 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!