8835 Wheat Cross Dr
Houston, TX 77095
Come support Special Olympics Area 4 athletes at the Regional Volleyball Competition. You will assist SOTX Staff with score-keeping (keeping score and managing scorebook; volleyball experience not required) or being a Line Judge (call ball in/out of bounds and shag balls; requires standing) as well as playing/interacting with the athletes at our Athlete Village!
- This activity is for ages 8 & up only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There must be a 4:1 child to adult ratio.
- This event is outdoors so bring sunscreen, bug spray, bottled water (there will be water re-fill stations), snacks, a hat, and anything else that will make your time more comfortable.
- Wear weather-appropriate athletic clothing and non-marking shoes. If you have one, wear a shirt that represents Generation SERVE.
- Bring sunscreen, bug spray, bottled water (we will have re-fill stations), snacks, a hat, and anything else that will make your time more comfortable. You might be outdoors.
- Generation SERVE adheres to the following COVID-19 policies to help keep your family and ours safe. We will continue to respect our partners' mask requirements as well as your family's decision around wearing masks.
More About Our Partner
Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition, holding more than 300 Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. Each participant receives a medal or ribbon following their events.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide a trained facilitator for every volunteer project we do and the cost of hiring, training, and supporting our team adds up! We suggest a donation of $30 per family to help us cover our activity costs, or you can also become a family sponsor. We appreciate your support!