SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long!
Let’s get crafty and make handmade, memory games for families at Any Baby Can. Help children work on their memory and cognitive development by creating this fun and colorful matching game!
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
- Construction paper
- Decorative materials: markers, crayons, glitter, etc.
- A mailing envelope and postage (optional)
Please keep in mind that these will be given to young children, so please do not use any toxic paint or materials for the project.
Feel free to get creative with your designs!
- Using the cardboard and one-color construction paper, cut out 10 cardboard square shapes and 10 construction paper square shapes. The shape does not have to look exactly like the example picture, just make sure they are all the same.
- On one side of each square, glue 1 of each construction paper shape to the cardboard so all the edges line up. This will be the back side of your card and each one should look the same.
- Once all the glue is dry, flip over your card and begin decorating with whatever materials you chose. You can design your cards however you want, just make sure that you have a set of two for each design that match.
- Let your glue dry and finish!
Please email the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions and to coordinate a drop-off once you have completed your game(s). Any Baby Can's offices are open on weekdays from 8am-5pm.
Or mail the game directly to:
Any Baby Can
ATTN: Sara Pittenger
6207 Sheridan Ave.
Austin, TX 78723
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for ages 8 and up.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
Any Baby Can partners with families to build stability, develop skills, and unlock each child’s full potential.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! We also greatly appreciate donations from our Amazon wishlist! Finally, you also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!