SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long! Please RSVP on our calendar so we can let our non-profit partner know how many items to expect.
For this activity, you will work with your family at home to assemble Laundry kits for SAFE to hand out to their clients for them to use as they heal from violence and work towards creating happy memories.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
Please include the the following items in your cleaning kit:
- 1 Collapsible Laundry Basket or Bag
- 1 Laundry Detergent (liquid or pods)
- 1 Laundry Stain Treatment Spray
- 1 Fabric Softener (liquid or sheets)
- 1 Bleach
- 1 Mesh Laundry Bag for delicates
- 1 Dryer Balls Set
- If you are also able to include a gift card of any denomination to H-E-B or Walmart, the survivors would be so grateful. If you provide a gift card, please write the amount on the gift card.
You can purchase supplies for and make as many laundry kits as your family is able to donate. We recommend making 1 laundry kit, but any amount you can put together is appreciated.
Please deliver your kit to the SAFE Warehouse Monday - Saturday from 10:00 to 4:00 located at:
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
The SAFE Alliance is a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace, both long-standing and respected human service agencies in Austin serving the survivors of child abuse, sexual assault and exploitation, and domestic violence.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!