535 Portwall St.
Houston, TX 77029
Help sort food at the Houston Food Bank. Tasks will vary from shift to shift. Most of the projects at the warehouse involve inspecting, sorting, and repackaging donated food items for community distribution.
- This activity is for ages 6 and up. All children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please RSVP with Generation SERVE. In order to volunteer, you must also register with the Houston Food Bank by clicking HERE.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 also need a completed Youth Volunteer Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian. A copy of this form can be downloaded by clicking the RESOURCES tab on your Volunteer Profile page.
- Please wear closed toed shoes, casual dress, long pants (preferred), t-shirt with sleeves. Bring work gloves if desired.
- Generation SERVE adheres to the following COVID-19 policies to help keep your family and ours safe. We will continue to respect our partners' mask requirements as well as your family's decision around wearing masks.
More About Our Partner
The Houston Food Bank is America’s largest food bank in distribution leading hunger relief in 18 southeast Texas counties. Founded in 1982, the Houston Food Bank is a certified member of Feeding America, the nation’s food bank network. Houston Food Bank distributes fresh produce, meat and nonperishables and prepares nutritious hot meals for kids in their state-of-the-art Keegan Kitchen.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide supplies and an Activity Lead for every activity. A $30 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!