Houston, TX 77025
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Houston volunteering all week long!
For this activity, you will work with your family to make a Birthday Party-in-a-Box for Box of Balloons. The box you build will ensure a child in your community feels special and celebrated on their birthday. You will help make a child's birthday happy despite their family's current situation, living conditions, or financial status.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
Please put as many of the following birthday party items into a box, typically the size of a box of copy paper).
- Balloons & Ribbon
- Crepe Paper
- Table Decorations
- Banner, Poster and/ or Garland
Tableware for 6
- Plastic Table Cloth
- Birthday Present in the $20-30 range (please leave unwrapped, so the parent/guardian can wrap)
- Gift bag/tissue paper or wrapping paper and birthday card (unsigned)
Party Favors for 6
- Goodie bag filled with small treats like mini play-doh, fruit snacks, stickers, etc.
- Ideas: Bingo, pinata, bean bag toss, etc.
- $20 gift card to H-E-B, Wal-Mart, or Kroger’s
- Cupcake / Cake toppers
- Note due to logistics and to allow for the child to have the birthday treat that best meets their needs the Houston Chapter does not accept or deliver cupcakes.
Please feel free to decorate the box you build! Popular themes are Lego, Princess, Superhero, Minnie & Mickey Mouse, and Cars. Use your imagination and creativity to make decorations, favors, and games!
Bring your completed Birthday Party-in-a-Box to our storage unit when you are done!
Drop-Off Address: 4211 Bellaire Blvd., Houston, TX 77025
Please drop off your kits at our storage unit located at CubeSmart. You can leave items at the front desk in bags labelled for Generation SERVE. Please make sure they are aware the items are for Unit #1201. The front office is open Monday-Friday from 9:30am-6pm, Saturdays from 8:30am-5pm, and closed on Sundays.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More about our Partner
Box of Balloons' mission is to make each birthday happy and every child celebrated. Every child deserves to feel special, be celebrated, and have a memorable party. Unfortunately, that is not possible for many families. In America, 18% of children live below the poverty level. Box of Balloons believes that a birthday celebration can give families the joy and hope they may be missing.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!