12675 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long!
The Charlie Center serves clients who are experiencing hunger and homelessness. For this activity, you will work with your family on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening to make a delicious casserole or side dish for the clients of The Charlie Center. Then warm it up and deliver it the next morning for them to enjoy!
Visit the sign up page for The Charlie Center to pick a slot anytime during the month that you are available to make and deliver a casserole or side dish. Please RSVP for this Generation SERVE activity and make sure you sign up on one of these pages to indicate to The Charlie Center that they can count on your family to provide a meal.
- Make a Casserole to be delivered on a Wednesday or Thursday morning
- Make a Side Dish to be delivered on a Thursday morning
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. Purchase the ingredients for your family's favorite recipe that you want to share with the clients of The Charlie Center.
- You can make a casserole or side dish ahead of time and warm it up & deliver it to The Charlie Center between 9:00 - 9:15am on the day you signed up to make/deliver food.
- If you need assistance carrying items please go inside and let them know you need help.
- The easiest way to find The Charlie Center is via Jekel Circle off of McNeil Drive. Access via the 183 service road can be difficult due to parking lot barriers.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Generation SERVE adheres to the following COVID-19 policies to help keep your family and ours safe. We will continue to respect our partners' mask requirements as well as your family's decision around wearing masks.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
More About Our Partner
The Charlie Center meets physical needs through hospitality and healthcare and provides navigation services to help individuals take their next step toward permanent housing.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide supplies and an Activity Lead for every activity. A $10 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!