SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long!
Let’s get crafty and make handmade, Sensory Bottles for families at Any Baby Can. Sensory bottles are a great way to meet kid’s many sensory needs. The bottles are visually stimulating and calming and can be used as discovery bottles or calming bottles based on how they’re made. This offers mess free sensory play that kids and parents love!
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
- Plastic water bottle
- 1 bottle of non-toxic clear glue
- Warm water
- Hot glue gun or super glue (for water bottle cap)
- Optional: generous amounts of glitter
- Optional: food coloring
- Optional items of interest (beads, sequins, plastic animals, googly eyes, etc.)
Each bottle can be unique and interesting so feel free to get creative with it. You can make a purely glitter bottle, a glitter bottle with small items inside, a colored bottle with small items of interest, anything!
1. Take the label off your water bottle.
2. Fill the bottle with a bottle of clear non-toxic glue.
3. Place glitter, items of interest, or food coloring into the bottle.
4. Fill the bottle the rest of the way with warm water. The cold water will make it hard for the glue to combine with the water.
5. Screw on the cap and shake it up! 😊
Once your bottle is done, you MUST use hot glue or super glue to keep the cap on. This makes it a safe item to give to kids and ensures a no mess play!
Please keep in mind that these will be given to young children, so please do not use any toxic paint or materials for the project. Do NOT use objects that can easily be pulled off and pose a choking hazard to children.
Please deliver the completed sensory bottles no later than March 29th to:
Generation SERVE Office
5555 N. Lamar Blvd., C-123
Austin, TX 78757
(Office hours M/W 9-12 and T/Th 2-5. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for other times)
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for ages 8 and up.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
Any Baby Can partners with families to build stability, develop skills, and unlock each child’s full potential.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! We also greatly appreciate donations from our Amazon wishlist! Finally, you also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!