Come meet and learn about animal friends at the Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition. TWRC will introduce their animal ambassadors, answer questions, and share ways you can help native wildlife and ways you can assist in animal rescue when you see a hurt animal on your property or in your neighborhood.
You will learn to make a bird feeder to keep at your home to help the birds in your neighborhood! You will need to provide the following materials:
- Pine cones OR cardboard toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- String, twine, or monofilament
- Peanut butter (or other alternative)
- Almond butter, sun butter, coconut oil, or Crisco
- Craft stick, popsicle stick, or small spatula
- Wild bird seed, any variety
- This activity is great for all ages!
- You will need to provide the supplies above to complete the project.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We require an adult participant to attend the virtual gathering and to work alongside their child for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partners
TWRC Wildlife Center, located in Houston, TX, has been committed to providing quality emergency care and rehabilitation for injured, ill, and orphaned wildlife brought to them by the public. Through education and engaging the public in wildlife-care programs, TWRC continues to make a difference for urban wildlife threatened by loss of habitat.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide an Activity Lead for every activity. A $30 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!