299 West, TX-332
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
Help the Gulf Coast Bird Observatory team with their annual Xtreme Hummingbird Xtravaganza!
XHX is a yearly event at GCBO that takes place during the peak of Ruby-throated Hummingbird migration in the fall. It features symbolic hummingbird adoptions and live hummingbird banding where you get the opportunity to see these amazing birds up close and in the hand! There will be educational booths, activities for kids, plant sale, and our nature store. Tickets are $5 for adults and children 12 and under get in for free!
Tasks may include:
- helping to sell and distribute tickets for the event
- selling snacks to hungry guests
- assisting guests with parking directions
Finding Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
In your favorite map app, enter "Gulf Coast Bird Observatory" when getting directions. You can also view it in Google Maps.
- This activity is great for children ages 12 and up.
- Wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes.
- Bring a hat, and water bottle. Sunscreen and mosquito repellent is also recommended.
- Generation SERVE adheres to the following COVID-19 policies to help keep your family and ours safe. We will continue to respect our partners' mask requirements as well as your family's decision around wearing masks.
More About Our Partner
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory's mission is to protect birds and their habitats around the Gulf of Mexico and beyond.
Support Generation SERVE
We provide supplies and an Activity Lead for every activity. A $45 donation would help us cover the costs for this activity! You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!