SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Houston volunteering all week long!
Parks are a fun spot for families to hang out and play, but people do not always pick up after themselves! For this activity, you will work with your family to help keep our parks clean and beautiful by picking up litter at a local park of your choosing.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
- Bags to collect trash and recycling
- Gloves and/or a trash grabber
- Water bottle
- Closed-toe shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Choose a park, empty lot, or even your own neighborhood.
- Put on gloves.
- Keep your eyes peeled for things that don't belong.
- Use caution and have adults pick up sharp or dangerous items.
- Properly dispose of the litter you find.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
Houston Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to enhance the quality of urban life by providing safe, well-maintained parks, and offering affordable programming for our community.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!