Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! Don't forget to take a photo to share with us!
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long!
Celebrate a hospitalized child's birthday with The Confetti Foundation! The Confetti Foundation provides a birthday box to children who have to spend their birthdays in a hospital, a pediatric oncology clinics, or a hospice facility.
For this activity, you will work with your family at home to make birthday cards for a child or children in a hospital, including some hospitals in Texas! You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
The Confetti Foundation provides directions for making birthday cards.
- Stickers, crayons, or markers! (No glitter, please)
- Heavy paper or construction paper (no bigger than 5x7, but they must be a folded card not a sheet of paper)
- A mailing envelope and postage
The Confetti Foundations requests the following:
- Make sure they say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Sign the cards with your name (first is ok!) and your city/state, our kids love seeing the different places people are thinking of them (The Confetti Foundation will NOT accept cards that are not signed)
- No envelopes, please
- Please DO NOT include any religious messages in your cards
- Please DO NOT write GET WELL on the cards
- Keep it positive and cheerful! Jokes & Riddles are encouraged!
Please try to make 3-5 cards and mail them together in one envelope directly to:
The Confetti Foundation
212 Old Airport Rd
Middletown, RI 02842
DO NOT drop off birthday cards to your local hospital, they will NOT accept them on behalf of The Confetti Foundation.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More about our Partner
The Confetti Foundation supplies birthday parties to children who have to spend their birthday in a hospital, pediatric oncology clinic or hospice facility. The foundation was started with the hope that families will be able to shift their focus from their child’s sickness for just 30 minutes and celebrate. Although the party is not a cure, it will be a welcome distraction and a good reminder that every child deserves to be celebrated. Through the partnership of children’s hospitals, pediatric oncology clinics and pediatric hospice facilities in the United States, The Confetti Foundation’s goal is to provide a themed birthday party, positive memories, and normalcy during a difficult time.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!