Houston, TX 77002
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! Don't forget to take a photo to share with us!
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Houston volunteering all week long! Let's make snack packs for SEARCH homeless to distribute to its clients.
For this activity, you will work with your family at home to assemble snack bags for SEARCH to hand out to their clients. SEARCH helps people living on the streets face an elevated risk of displacement and unsafe conditions. Your family can help make a difference for them.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- You will choose 3 or more easy-open protein items from this list, and place them in Ziploc bags to create snack bags. You can also write encouraging notes to go in each pack.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
- Bumble Bee Snacks on the Run (tuna, chicken salad, ham, etc.)
- Vienna sausages
- GoGo Squeeze fruit pouches
- Pudding packs
- Planters mixed snack pouches/trail mix
- Fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Peanut butter or cheese cracker packs
- Dried fruit crisps packets
- Raisin snack boxes
- Granola bars (crunchier varieties rather than chewy, please!)
- Jif to Go/Nutella to Go snacks
- Sunflower seeds
- Non-chocolate protein bars (chocolate melts!)
Place the items in a large ziplock bag or plastic container. You can also make cards to place in the kits with messages to brighten the day for SEARCH's clients who are experiencing homelessness. Please don’t include dates, contact information, last names, religious references, or seasonal information such as references to holidays.
You can purchase supplies for and make as many snack packs as your family is able to donate. We recommend making at least 6 snack packs, but any amount you can put together is appreciated.
Drop-Off Address: 2015 Congress Street Houston, TX 77002
Please drop off your snack packs at the SEARCH main building Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. You are encouraged to call and schedule a drop off time by contacting Krys or Curt at 713-739-7752. Please let them know you are dropping off on behalf of Generation SERVE.
More About Our Partner
SEARCH provides hope, creates opportunity, and transforms lives for thousands of men, women, and children who are trying to break free from the cycle of poverty and homelessness in Houston. SEARCH Houston's Mobile Outreach team is in need of snack packs to distribute to individuals living on the streets who are experiencing homelessness.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!