Austin, TX 78701
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! Don't forget to take a photo to share with us!
SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Austin volunteering all week long!
For this activity, you will work with your family at home to decide what food you would like to donate to the ATX Free Fridge Project to give to our neighbors in need. Then you can find unexpired items you have on hand or go shopping together.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
If you’re going grocery shopping, the following items are the most helpful to donate:
-water bottles (both disposable and reusable)
-granola bars (include allergen and dietary needs)
-applesauce cups (include sugar free)
-pop-top canned food
-pouches of tuna/cooked, ready to eat proteins
-individually wrapped servings of breads/pastries
-apples, oranges & bananas
-pasta and sauce
-boxed mac & cheese
-Individual packs of peanut butter, hummus and/or nuts
-individual bags of carrots/celery/other veggies
-INDIVIDUAL sized sanitary and hygiene products such as shampoo, lotion, soap, etc.
-pads, tampons, wet wipes, toothpaste, toothbrushes
Once you have items ready to donate, your family can drop off your items together at one of the ATX Free Fridges.
Free Fridge Addresses:
- 2512 E 12th St, Austin, TX 78702
- 1710 E 2nd St, Austin, TX 78702
- 6710 Ripple Run, Austin, TX 78744
- 618 W. Dittmar Rd., Austin, TX 78745
ATX Free Fridge Community Guidelines:
- Sanitize your hands before opening the fridge and wear a mask the whole time you interact with a fridge.
- Place all perishables in the fridge and non-perishables in the pantry.
- No RAW meat please!
- Please do not leave anything on the ground.
- Only donate food that isn't expired or opened.
- While volunteers come to check on the fridge frequently, please do your best to keep the surrounding area clean and organized.
- Please do not donate/leave alcohol.
- When donating prepared meals/baked goods/homemade food - wear a mask and gloves while preparing the food; use clean, sturdy containers that completely seal; and label each item with the name of the dish, ingredients & allergens and the date it was made.
- No room in the fridge or pantry? Check out the other locations!
- Please contact email@example.com if you have a large donation.
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
ATX Free Fridge is helping to feed the community through mutual aid by way of community refrigerators and pantries across the city. Their motto is: Solidarity, not charity.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!