SERVE at Home is a way for your family to spread kindness and help our community on your own, anytime, anywhere! We want to keep Houston volunteering all week long! Please RSVP on our calendar so we can let our non-profit partner know how many items to expect.
For this activity, you will work with your family at home to make candy bags for Soldiers' Angels. The candy bags will be included in care packages that are shipped to deployed service members around the world and shared with veterans in VA Hospitals across the country.
You will need to provide the supplies for this activity. You can complete this activity on your own anytime during the month.
- Get some fun-size candy (this is a great use for excess candy after holidays like Valentine's Day).
- Using a treat bag or clear plastic baggie, place an assortment of candy in the baggie and secure it with a twist tie or decorative ribbon
- If you would like, you can also attach a small card to the bag of candy that has a simple message like “Thank you for your service!”
Ship your completed baggies of candy to Soldiers' Angels headquarters in San Antonio:
Soldiers’ Angels Candy
2895 NE Loop 410, Suite 107
San Antonio, Texas 78218
Tell Us When You're Finished
Please complete this form to let us know you've completed the activity! We would love to see pictures of your family working together to complete this activity, so please take a photo to share with us! You can submit the photo through our form.
- This activity is great for all ages.
- Our program is designed to be a family experience. We want parents and caregivers to work alongside their child(ren) for all our Family Volunteering activities.
More About Our Partner
The mission of Soldiers' Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans and their families.
Support Generation SERVE
A $10 donation would help us continue developing new activities and ways for families to spread kindness throughout the community. You also can become a family sponsor to support us in providing fun volunteer opportunities for other families! Thank you for your support and generosity! We appreciate it!